Microsoft has been a market leader in the data space with their range of Azure data services and Power BI leading the Business Intelligence space. Microsoft Fabric is the next generation of this. In this article we introduce Microsoft Fabric.
What is Microsoft Fabric?
Microsoft Fabric is a comprehensive analytics platform that brings together all the data and analytics tools that organisations need to unlock the potential of their data and lay the foundation for the era of AI.
Microsoft Fabric integrates technologies like Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse Analytics, and Power BI into a single unified product, empowering data and business professionals alike to get the most out of their data. Microsoft Fabric, like Power BI, uses low code capability to help make better data platform approaches accessible to more users.
How does Microsoft Fabric work?
Microsoft Fabric is a cloud-based platform that is built on Azure. Fabric provides a unified user experience for all data and analytics tasks, including:
- Data ingestion and processing: Fabric can ingest and process data from a variety of sources, including on-premises databases, cloud storage and SaaS applications.
- Data modelling: Fabric provides a variety of data modelling tools, including data warehouses, data lakes and data marts.
- Data analysis: Fabric provides a variety of data analysis tools, including Power BI, Azure Data Studio and Azure Databricks.
- Machine learning: Fabric provides a foundation for AI and machine learning by providing a unified platform for data preparation, data modelling and machine learning model development and deployment.
What are the benefits of using Microsoft Fabric?
There are many benefits to using Microsoft Fabric, including:
- Simplicity: Fabric provides a unified user experience for all data and analytics tasks, making it easy for users of all skill levels to get started.
- Power: Fabric leverages the power of Azure Synapse Analytics to deliver high-performance data processing and analytics.
- Flexibility: Fabric supports a wide range of data workloads, from data warehousing to data science to real-time analytics.
- Scalability: Fabric can scale to meet the needs of even the largest organisations.
- Security: Fabric is built on Azure, so you can be confident that your data is secure.
How can Microsoft Fabric help businesses?
Microsoft Fabric can help businesses in a number of ways, including:
- Improve data governance and compliance: Fabric provides a number of features that can help businesses to improve data governance and compliance, such as data tagging, data lineage tracking, and access control.
- Accelerate time to insights: Fabric provides a unified platform for all data and analytics tasks, which can help businesses to accelerate time to insights.
- Reduce costs: Fabric can help businesses to reduce costs by eliminating the need to purchase and maintain multiple data and analytics tools.
- Enable AI and machine learning: Fabric provides a foundation for AI and machine learning by providing a unified platform for data preparation, data modelling, and machine learning model development and deployment.
Microsoft Fabric is the next evolution of low code data solutions. It has never been easier to access, analyse and report on your business data and with the AI era coming fast Fabric offers you that capability. To learn more about Fabric, contact us today.