Documents and content within your organisation are a vital part of how your organisation functions. With the rise of AI, the possibilities for improved collaboration, content management and discovery and security are real.
SharePoint has long been a trusted platform for content collaboration and storage, and now, Microsoft has introduced SharePoint Premium, an enhanced offering that takes content management to the next level. We explain more about SharePoint Premium in this article.
What is SharePoint Premium?
SharePoint Syntex was the first step into AI document management from Microsoft within SharePoint. They have been working to make improvements and have introduced some great services such as AI builder.
SharePoint Premium is the new advanced content management and experiences platform and the next evolution for SharePoint Syntex. SharePoint Premium brings AI, automation, and added security to your content experiences, processing, and governance.
AI-Powered Content Automation
SharePoint Premium utilises the power of artificial intelligence (AI) to automate various content management tasks, streamlining workflows and saving users valuable time. AI capabilities include:
- Document processing: Extract key information from documents, such as metadata, entities, and relationships, to facilitate categorisation and retrieval.
- Content assembly: Automatically assemble content from various sources, such as emails, documents, and websites, to create comprehensive reports or presentations.
- eSignature: Streamline the approval process for documents by enabling electronic signatures, reducing paper usage and expediting decision-making.
Enhanced Security and Compliance
SharePoint Premium reinforces security and compliance measures to protect sensitive information and adhere to organisational policies. Key security features include:
- Content governance: Implement granular access controls and retention policies to ensure content is managed according to organisational standards.
- Data loss prevention (DLP): Prevent unauthorised access and exfiltration of sensitive data by monitoring and blocking suspicious activities.
- Compliance auditing: Track and audit content usage to maintain compliance with regulatory requirements.
Benefits of SharePoint Premium
By adopting SharePoint Premium, organisations can reap a multitude of benefits, including:
- Increased productivity: Automate repetitive tasks, freeing up employees to focus on higher-value activities.
- Improved collaboration: Facilitate seamless collaboration across teams and departments, breaking down silos and enhancing knowledge sharing.
- Enhanced security: Protect sensitive information from unauthorised access and data breaches.
- Simplified compliance: Maintain compliance with regulatory requirements through robust governance and auditing capabilities.
SharePoint Premium represents a significant step forward in content management, empowering organisations to harness the power of AI, enhance security, and streamline workflows. By adopting SharePoint Premium, organisations can drive greater productivity, collaboration, and compliance, achieving their digital transformation goals.
SharePoint Premium won’t be generally available until the second half of 2024 but will be available for testing and experimenting with straight away. To discover how SharePoint Premium could benefit your organisation, book our free SharePoint briefing today.