About Age Scotland
Age Scotland is an independent charity working throughout Scotland to help make the lives of older people more secure, comfortable and enjoyable. The charity enables community groups by providing information and advice through a free helpline, publications and their Community Connecting Service. Age Scotland also work to influence policymakers and run campaigns to make Scotland the best place in the world to grow older.
Challenges facing Age Scotland
Age Scotland had started using the Power Platform throughout the business but wanted to ensure they were getting the most from the solution. They wanted to ensure they took the right approach to Power Apps and Power Automate, including their Power Platform environment setup, use of connectors, deployed Power Apps and flows, security and permissions.
Age Scotland had identified the ability to build apps quickly and easily themselves using the low-code capability of the Power Platform as a key focus and a huge opportunity for them.
To support Age Scotland’s continued adoption of the Power Platform, Bridgeall provided a review and consultancy to put Age Scotland on a strong footing moving forward.
The team were already utilising Power Platform technology and its practical application, however, as a starting point we reviewed the current Age Scotland Power Platform structure, Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) maturity level, practices and processes.
Our Quickstart package allowed for the development of the ongoing Age Scotland ALM strategy and our team developed and prepared governance and best practice documentation for this including practical steps for its implementation across a range of project types and scopes.
The documentation included recommendations and industry best practices relating to areas such as environment strategy, the use of Data Loss Prevention policies, build automation, the use of Azure DevOps for source control and deployment pipelines, environment security, the use of admin connectors for monitoring environments and deployed components.
By conducting this initial review and driving best practice into Power Platform development at Age Scotland, we were able to equip the team with all the tools required for the successful delivery of their projects.
- Workshop to establish current structure, practice and processes
- Preparation of findings report
- Devise ALM Strategy
- Prepare recommendations for governance and best practice
- Centre of Excellence toolkit installation and training
- Training of users and super users
- Ongoing Power Platform consultancy
As a result of our review, Bridgeall was able to deliver the following benefits to the client:
- Efficiency – We identified ways to simplify processes and workflows with low code rapid application development. The team also benefited from maximised Power Apps performance across the organisation.
- Governance – A strong set of ALM tools supported by a governance framework and the centre of excellence all allows Age Scotland to better manage their risks relating to Power Platform sprawl.
- Increased productivity – Reduced number of errors by automating repetitive manual tasks and giving everyone the ability to automate processes.
- Cost savings – Our review helped to deliver a return on investment, improved efficiency and reduced costs.