About the role
The Analytics & Applications team is expanding and we’re looking for a Senior Consultant to join the team and assist with delivery of Business Intelligence and Analytics projects. We’re looking for someone with Azure experience, client facing skills, and who’s built Business Intelligence solutions including design, analysis and build stages. You will assist the Head of Analytics & Applications, and team architects, to deliver robust Azure based solutions, contribute to the pre-sales process including bid and proposals, and be involved in early phase discovery work to uncover the needs of our clients.
Bridgeall helps clients to envision their IT strategy and then build and manage their IT solutions and assets. Established in 2002, with 36 staff and 10 Microsoft Gold competencies we have a long and strong track record of successful delivery. Our operation is structured into 4 business units:
- Modern Intelligent Workplace
- Cloud and Managed IT Services
- Analytics and Applications
- trevi – Water sector solutions
Glasgow and remote
Head of Analytics and Applications
Essential Job Functions
Work with the Head of Analytics & Applications (and other team members) to support the delivery of BI Projects, Proof of Concepts, and Discovery work. Key requirements for this role:
- Design, build and deliver Business Intelligence solutions.
- Maintain an expert knowledge of the tools required to build Business Intelligence solutions, including keeping up to date on new features as they’re released.
- Assist in pre-sales activities including the development of demonstration material and proposals.
- Perform discovery work to assess client requirements, identify an appropriate solution, and estimate the effort to achieve.
- Assist the Head of Analytics & Applications in the creation of proposals and in the tendering process.
- Create artefacts which can be used to showcase the work of the company (e.g. blogs, whitepapers etc)
- Accurately identify all risks which may arise during the course of delivery and bring them to the attention of the appropriate person.
- Maintain own level of knowledge through the gaining of appropriate and identified certifications.
- Stay up to date on industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Carry out all necessary activities required to maintain the company’s ISO certifications and
- Deep understanding of Business Intelligence technologies and related concepts like Data Prep, Data Warehousing, Data Access/Analytics & Presentation.
- Proven experience of designing and building BI systems and reporting on the Azure data stack (including Azure Data Factory, or Synapse).
- Solid understanding of data warehousing and data integration patterns and how to apply them in the cloud.
- In depth of experience of building solutions using at least one relational database system like MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL etc.
- Hands-on experience with a reporting tool such as Power BI, or tableau.
- Analytical in approach with a passion and curiosity for insight.
- Self-motivated, tenacious, confident, independent and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of big data platforms and NOSQL databases is advantageous.
- Wider knowledge of cloud solutions and deployment methods is advantageous.
- Data management and governance exposure and knowledge is advantageous.
- You have experience of dealing with technical problems and helping to resolve issues.
- You are confident and articulate.
- Flexible attitude to working, both time and geographic.
- You have a work ethic that means you always get the job done.
- You take care of your appearance and are well presented and sharp.
- Able to manage and prioritise tasks and time efficiently. Proactive, with the ability to use your own initiative and follow issues to completion.
Package & Benefits
An opportunity to join a company with a great culture and team. We care about our employees and offer the following benefits as standard.
- Salary dependent upon calibre and experience
- Flexible working
- Private health insurance
- 33 day holiday
- Career progression and personal development