Automation and data are two of the most important themes for organisations. How you move data around your organisation, between systems and reports is a key action to ensuring you make better decisions. Automating this and other tasks and workflows is also key to create better scalability and productivity. This is where Azure Logic apps comes in.
In this article we introduce and discuss Azure Logic Apps.
What is Azure Logic Apps?
Azure Logic Apps is a cloud-based service that simplifies the integration and automation of workflows, business processes, and data across multiple systems and applications. It provides a visual designer that allows users to create, manage, and monitor workflows using a wide range of connectors, triggers, and actions.
If you have used Power Automate, Azure Logic Apps is a more enterprise grade developer focused solution but shares much of the same capability.
Key Features of Azure Logic Apps:
- Visual Workflow Designer: Azure Logic Apps offers an intuitive visual designer, which empowers users to create complex workflows by simply dragging and dropping connectors, triggers, and actions onto a canvas. This eliminates the need for coding and enables business users to actively participate in the automation process.
- Broad Range of Connectors: With over 200 connectors available, Azure Logic Apps allows seamless integration with a vast ecosystem of applications, services, and platforms such as Office 365, Salesforce, SharePoint, Twitter, and more. These connectors enable the exchange of data and trigger actions, ensuring comprehensive workflow automation.
- Event-driven Triggers: Logic Apps can be triggered by a wide array of events such as receiving an email, a new file being added to a cloud storage, or a specific time of the day. This event-driven approach ensures that workflows are initiated automatically, minimising manual intervention and maximising efficiency.
- Extensibility and Customisation: Azure Logic Apps supports custom code through Azure Functions, enabling developers to extend workflows with additional functionality. This allows businesses to leverage their existing codebase and integrate it seamlessly within their workflows.
- Monitoring and Management: Logic Apps provides built-in monitoring and analytics capabilities, enabling users to gain insights into the performance and execution of their workflows. Monitoring dashboards, logs, and alerts help identify issues, bottlenecks, and potential improvements, ensuring smooth operations.
Azure Logic Apps is a really simple, affordable and easy to use solution that makes it easy to automate workflows and move data around your organisation. To discuss how Azure Logic Apps could help you, please contact us today.