Improving and automating your manual processes is now a key activity for most organisations, with huge savings available via process improvements. One of the new approaches to deal with this is called process mining.
What is Process mining?
Process mining is a research area and technology that helps businesses understand their real processes, how they’re operated, and identify opportunities for improvement, automation, and digitisation.
Process Mining provides valuable insights into the actual sequence of events, the time taken for each task, and the paths followed by employees, customers, or systems throughout a process.
Process mining in Microsoft Power Automate
The process mining capability in Power Automate works with the existing Microsoft platform and ecosystem to provide end-to-end solutions and enable faster business decisions. By extracting event data from your system of records, it visualises the processes happening in your organisation, allowing you to customise your process mining reports, compare processes, determine the root cause of inefficiencies, and monitor KPIs.
Overall, the process mining capability is a valuable tool for businesses seeking to improve their operational efficiency and make informed decisions.
Benefits of the process mining capability
The business value of the process mining capability lies in its ability to help organisations gain insights into their operational processes and identify areas for improvement. By analysing event data from various sources, the process mining capability provides a clear view of how processes are actually being executed in practice. This helps businesses to:
- Improve operational efficiency: Process mining can help identify bottlenecks and inefficiencies in processes, allowing organisations to streamline their operations and improve productivity.
- Enhance customer experience: By identifying process pain points and eliminating them, organisation can improve the customer experience and increase satisfaction.
- Optimise resources: Process mining enables businesses to identify opportunities for automation, reducing the need for manual intervention and allowing resources to be allocated more effectively.
- Ensure compliance: Process mining can help organisations to identify non-compliant processes and take corrective action to avoid legal and financial risks.
- Improve supply chain management processes: Create processes that help warehouse and operations managers gain insights into the material flow in the warehouse. This can help improve the performance of the warehouse.
Process automation via process mining is a great new feature from Microsoft that helps organisations better understand and then implement process improvements. To learn more about Power Automate and how we can help visit our Power Automate services or download our Power Automate guide here.