About the role
We’re looking for a Senior Cloud Consultant to join our growing team. You will be a senior member of the company’s operations team, providing Cloud Services technical consultancy, infrastructure architecture and support to both public and private sector clients, ensuring the delivery of a high-quality service.
The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and success implementing cloud-based solutions, migrating workloads to the cloud, and experience with connecting and managing hybrid cloud environments.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing area of the business where you can become an integral member of the team shaping our success.
Bridgeall helps clients to build their Modern Intelligent Workplace and provides ongoing managed IT services. Established in 2003, with 34 staff and with 9 Microsoft Gold competencies we have a strong track record of successful delivery.
Our staff are fundamental to our success and we are focused on helping them to develop their careers, through a culture of continual training and development from the moment you start induction to ongoing professional development throughout your career.
£40-60k (dependant on experience) + benefits
- Design and implement solutions based on business requirements that are in line with architecture and best practice, using the latest Microsoft and cloud-based technologies.
- Planning and implementing security measures to prevent data loss and service interruptions by the introduction of technologies that will effectively protect information systems.
- Risk analysis and review of customer’s information systems, communicating recommendations through reports and presentations.
- Taking a lead role in writing tender responses to win new client work.
- Server / Application availability, performance, and security monitoring; recommend and implement improvement enhancements.
- Automating processes and procedures to help improve efficiency and standardisation across platforms.
- Monitor and support service delivery; ensuring systems, methodologies and procedures are in place and followed.
- Make recommendations for Service Improvement Plans and ensure actions are followed through to completion in a timely manner.
- Work with internal and third-party teams to ensure actions are taken and completed to protect and improve services.
- Provide regular and accurate management reporting on IT Service performance and security.
- Guide and mentor less senior support staff.
- Provide technical support to internal Sales Function.
Essential skills and qualities
- Minimum 10 years’ experience (3-5+ years working with Cloud Technologies)
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends.
- Technical experience in infrastructure design including private and public cloud, networking, virtualisation, identity, security, and storage.
- Project management and delivery.
- Building customer/partner relationships.
- Experience of writing technical/commercial proposals, ideally including tender responses.
- Maintains current technical expertise in the rapidly changing technology environment.
- Experience in Service Management.
- Contribute to the internal continuous improvement culture
- A passion for technology and how it can deliver service improvement
- Comply with operational standards and guidelines
- Excellent customer facing/customer service skills
- Problem-solving mentality.
- You are confident and articulate.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Proactive and have ability to use own initiative and follow issues to completion.
- Flexible attitude to working, both time and geographic.
- Exceptional verbal/written communication skills.
- Degree level education.
- Azure Cloud Services (IaaS + PaaS), Design and Administration
- Microsoft 365 Modern Workplace, Office 365 and EMS
- Knowledge of ISO 27001 ISMS and Cyber Essentials
- ITIL / ISO 20000 Service Management
- Microsoft Technology Stack:
- Windows 10 – Deployment and Support
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 and Active Directory
- SQL Server
- System Centre
- Virtualisation technologies (Hyper-V / VMware)
- Networking topologies and principles TCP/IP LAN / WAN, DHCP, DNS, VPN,
- Storage Topography (SAN) + Storage Spaces
- Backup & disaster recovery processes
- Infrastructure, network and security monitoring
- PowerShell scripting
- Ideally Microsoft Certified on Azure / Office 365
- CompTIA Security+, CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- Flexible working
- Private health insurance
- 33 day holiday
- Join a great team and growing business
This description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the post holder to recognise this and adopt a flexible approach to work.